Monday, February 26, 2007

A Weekend Excursion

This weekend, Cory's brother Chris got hitched up in the Bay Area. So Cory and I went to the chapel (actually, the wedding was held at a winery).
Here are some pictures from the way up.
Cory and I stopped in Santa Clarita for some Creme de Menthe Semi Sweet Mochas from Coffee Kiosk.
They were scrut.
One thing that Northern CA has got on So Cal is the color green.
Some of you may be familiar with a similar scene with windmills near Palm Springs. No green in that picture.

Food grows where water flows....

We saw rows and rows of these trees and couldn't exactly figure out what was being harvested here. Although they did look good. Maybe Burns the Botanist can 'splain/

Isn't Spring great?

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I was up there too this weekend! I drove through the exact same windmills (I'm assuming!) Looks like we keep going the same places at the same time...

12:18 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Which winery was it? I was just up north and visted a few in the Bay area... my boyfriend used to work at one up there called Byington. It's beautiful up there huh?

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home